OXIDATION STABILITY BY ROTATING PRESSURE VESSEL METHOD (RPVOT)
As per ASTM D-2112, D-2272, IP 229, IS:12958-1990.
- These methods used to evaluate the oxidation stability of new and in-service engine, turbine and insulating oils in the presence of water and a copper catalyst.
- 2 Place rotating pressure vessels oil bath on castors.
- Digital electronic temperature controller with safety mechanical fail-safe thermostat.
- Heavy duty drive motor to rotate pressure vessel at 100 rpm and is housed below the oil bath.
- Rotating pressure vessel constructed of stainless steel with stem and valve to receive pressure transducer.
- Pressure vessel is held at an angle of 30°
- Pressure mapping 0-200 psi.
- Temperature range from ambient to 200°C.
- Capacity of bath is 70 litres with stainless steel body and top cover.
- Catalyst wire, glass liners with PTFE-cover, an ASTM 96C thermometer, & ‘O’ ring supplied with the unit.
- Automatic Pressure digital data logger with PC interfacing software supplied on CD-ROM with pressure sensor.
- Power supply 230 V, 1 phase, 50 Hz.