As per ASTM D-892, ASTM D-6082, IP 146, DIN 51566.
- Foaming of lubricating oils in applications involving turbulence, high speed gearing or high volume pumping can cause inadequate lubrication, cavitation, overflow and premature oxidation. The sample is blown with a controlled volume of air at different specified temperatures. The resultant foam is measured at the end of each aeration period and at different intervals afterward.
- Rectangular single / double foam test model with double walled construction with toughened glass observation window (75W x 385H mm).
- Illumination at rear.
- Stirrer, heater and cooling coil installed in each bath.
- This method consist of single / two test bath large enough to permit immersion of 1000ml graduated cylinder.
- Digital temperature controller with PT-100 sensor.
- The gas diffuser is cylindrical metal diffuser made of stainless steel with stainless steel gas pipe & rubber tubing.
- Air flow meter with needle valve to maintain an airflow rate of 94 ± 5ml/min through the gas diffuser stone.
- Diffuser arrangement consists of diffuser stone, air tube and gasket.
- Electric air compressor diaphragm type.
- Temperature accuracy : 24°C, ± 0.5°C & 93.5°C, ± 0.5°C, suitable for I, II & III sequence.
- Temperature accuracy : 100°C to 150°C, ± 0.5°C, suitable for IV sequence.
- Power supply : 220 V, 1 Phase, 50 Hz.